click for 11 extra photos
Description for B&B:Chateau de Colliers is a private chateau built during the XVIIth and XVIIIth century by the King's architect, the chateau was originally owned by the Marquis de Vaudreuil, once the governor of Louisiana. The property is right on the banks of the Loire River at only 5 Kms. from the famous Castle of Chambord. In 1751 this property was sold to Jean Philippe, chamberlain of the King of Poland, who came perhaps to Chambord with the troops of the Marshal of Saxe. “Le Navarrais” as it was called, was built during the 1760’s as a “villegiature d’ete” (summer residence) with open galleries to the Loire. There is a salon in particular, the “chambre de Perse,” decorated in an Italian architectural style with fresh oil paintings that evoke mythological scenes within a setting of ruins. These paintings are said to belong to Claude Robin, a Parisian painter. Chateau de Colliers was restored by architect Blesois Amiot between 1911 and 1913 and has been in the family of its present owners since 1779. All the rooms are very nice and tastefully decorated. The rooms situated on the back side looking with a view of the Loire River, are surely the highest on demand. The location of this chateau is extremely convenient to visit a good portion of the Loire Valley.
Aucun avis pour l'instant Write a review
A10 exit Nr 16, Sea, in the center direction Chambord 4km. At the stop after the bridge over the Loire right on RD 951 dir Blois. 200m right at the end of the village Muides-sur-Loire
Credit cards accepted