click for 7 extra photos
Description for B&B:Welcome to Grosio with B&B Villa Verde!
It is in Valtellina, 15 km from Tirano and 25 km from Bormio
The B&B “Villa Verde” is located at Grosio, a small village in the upper Valtellina, which in the province of Sondrio, is highly significant for cultural and historical reasons.
On the second floor of Villa Verde are three, recently renovated, bedrooms for the convenience of guests, and with “en suite” bathrooms; and besider a large open space with mezzanine level, combined living and dining room for breakfast.
To beautify the garden there is a small pond with a variety of goldfish and aquatic plants. For outdoor living there is a covered terrace, which is most convenient in the summer for breakfasting or just relaxing and chatting.
Parking is available adjacent to the house and inside the grounds. The garage is available the for bike.
Why choose Grosio for a holiday?
• Grosio is at central position from important turist resort: Bormio, Livigno, S. Caterina, Aprica, Teglio, St. Moritz. Also it is at strategic location for to reach the historical pass of cycling: Mortirolo o passo Foppa, Gavia, Stelvio, Bernina, Aprica, Verva.
• The location is approximately midway between Bormio and Tirano and it is possible within 15 min. to reach the ski slopes, ice-skating rings, the thermal bathing pool and the famous ancient roman thermal baths. Also in 10 min. visit Tirano and catch the red train of the Bernina pass and travel direct to Saint Moritz rising over 2000 m. and passing a fairyland of scenery.
• The antiquity of Grosio together with anthropological history demands recognitions for its prime importance in the Valtellina region.
• The mountain regions, Valgrosina, Valdidentro and Alpi Orobiche culminate at the Mortirolo pass, which offers uncontaminated atmosphere and great satisfaction to enthusiastic bush walkers, mountain climbers, bike riders.
• In Grosio it is possible to visit: the park of rock carvings with medieval castle evidence of continuous inhabitation of this region since prehistoric times. The “Rupe Magna” is the largest example of rock carving in the alpine area. Entry to the park is free, but to fully appreciate the history we recommended a guided tour. The “Villa Visconti Venosta” is a museum and library surrounded by a huge park with a well equipped playground for children. A museum of costumes and one of the uniforms of the Great War. The church of San Giorgio and San Giuseppe.
Description for GiteThe house is easily recognizable that just because Tirano positioned on the left side of the straight line which is the entrance to the country and links it to the road from Bormio.
An oasis of greenery which reduces the landscape and especially a sign hand-painted feature that catches your eye.
The villa is divided into three floors: the ground floor and the first to use (day and night) while the second floor of three rooms with bathroom and a spacious living room-kitchen with loft is reserved for guests of the B & B.
Aucun avis pour l'instant Write a review
Credit cards accepted