Pech Blanc, Calvignac, 46160
The key-words that describe our site best are: tranquillity, nature, privacy and comfort. Pech Blanc is situated in France's Quercy region. The greater part the Quercy lies within the Lot département, most of which was made into a nature park in 1999.
Description of Chambres d'hôtes & Gîte Pech Blanc Bed & Breakfast:The key-words that describe our site best are: tranquillity, nature, privacy and comfort. Pech Blanc is situated in France's Quercy region. The greater part the Quercy lies within the Lot département, most of which was made into a nature park in 1999. It’s a very special area: a rough, hilly and almost entirely wooded plateau of limestone, through which the river Lot and its contributing streams Célé and Vers, have eroded deep gorges. Despite its beauty, the Quercy is not overrun by tourists, and even in France it is known as the forgotten district. It is the perfect place for nature lovers.
There is a very wide network of footpaths and there are lots possibilities for horse riding.
There are many discoveries to be made while touring the Quercy by car or (motor)cycle.
Special sites are worth a visit, and there are lots of things to do. The traditional stone-built barn at Pech Blanc was entirely restored in 2004/2005 to provide 4 bedrooms and a breakfast/diningroom. Two of the bedrooms are on the ground floor and two are on the first floor. There are three double rooms and one family room for three people. One of the rooms has been specially adapted for wheelchair users. All the rooms are spacious (23-28 m²), and have central heating, a private bathroom and television. The combination of thick stone walls and modern insulation ensure that the rooms are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The rooms on the ground floor have independent entrances, while the rooms on the first floor are reached by a common staircase. All entrances, including the dining-room, open on to the central courtyard. Situated around that courtyard you will find the main farmhouse, garage and various outbuildings. The dining room has an open fire and French windows opening on to a shady terrace overlooking the valley and the characteristic wooded landscape of the Quercy. Here, we serve breakfast, drinks and an optional evening meal.
Below are the latest reviews for this listing:
Moto-Quercy-PechBlanc = Trio gagnant !
Excellente adresse. Un accueil super sympa par Marie José et Wouter pour notre petit WE moto dans cette région magnifique qu'est le Quercy. Merci à eux d'avoir redonné vie à ces vieilles pierres situées dans une nature superbe.
Très sympa et reposant !
Merci pour l'accueil et ce petit séjour dans le Lot. Chambre très sympa et lieu fort joli !
Directions to Chambres d'hôtes & Gîte Pech BlancFrom the A20 (direction of Paris or Toulouse)
1. Sortie nr. 58 Cahors-Sud
2. After the 'Péage' take the first road to the right (Lalbenque)
3. When you're up, at the roundabout go right to Lalbenque (D19)
4. In Lalbenque keep to the D19 to Limogne; this road will lead you through the villages of Vaylats, Bach and Varaire
5. In Limogne go right at the junction (garage on your left)
6. Go through Limogne (D911, direction Villefranche) and about 200 metres after the centre take the first road left, the D19 to Figeac and Calvignac
7. After 1,5 km go left at the junction with the D143 to Calvignac
8. After 2 km turn left to Pech Blanc (you'll find a sign)
9. After 800 metres you'll reach the hamlet; it is the first house on your right.
From the Lot valley (the D662)
1. Cross the river Lot at Larnagol, turn left after the 2 bridges and right straight after
2. Go up and through Calvignac by the D143 and
3. Continue on that road a bit over 4 km after Calvignac, passing the 'point de vue', until you find 4 dustbins on the right at a small crossroads with a small road on your right signposted Pech Blanc
View On Map